Thursday, April 12, 2012

Starting a business online

  On-line business: Where to start?


         That is a tough question, especially if your not even aware of all the options out their.  


         So far, here is what I figured out, besides it's a pain in the ass.  I found out that their is a lot of bs sites out their claiming you can earn money from home.  You need to watch out for them, most likely it's a scam.  
Never pay for anything up front.

         You also don't want to quit your day job until you actually have a steady income started w/ your business.  If your new to on line business like I am, it's going to take a lot of time to get a full understanding of what the hell is going on.

         To actually be successful, your going to have to know a lot about everything.  Unless of course you have the money to pay other people to do it for you.  Which eventually is my goal.  Before I can pay other's to do it, I have to know how to do it.

       Here's what your going to need:  You will have to have a website, everything you do will evolve around the website.  Since your new I wouldn't actually recommend running out their and buying domains and hosting accounts.  There are free one's out there.  Get experience and a better understanding of what your doing before you start throwing your money away.

        The absolute best free hosting company I found is 2freehosting.com.  I was amazed at the amount of control they give you.  Not to mention the easy to use control panel.  They even give you your own email account.  Once you get more familiar with hosting and publishing websites, then you might want to think about getting a top level domain name.(.com)  There are all kinds of good deals out their, probably one of the more well known hosting company is GoDaddy.com!


        Now lets talk about actually working with and publishing websites.  A couple programs that I cannot live without are Dreamweaver, and Adobe Photoshop. Without those two programs, I would still be trying to post my site to the server.  They make it so much easier, Dreamweaver has a built in ftp client, so that makes it easier to add and remove files from the server.

         Google is your best friend, and I don't mean that just because it's a popular search engine.  I say that because of the products they let you use FOR FREE!!  A good example is Google docs, Microsoft charges you an arm and a leg and you still have to install it on your computer.  Google docs on the other hand is free and it's even easier to use.  Google also is primarily the main search engine that everyone uses these days.  So you want to make sure that the Googlebot isn't passing up your site.

I will get more into Googlebots and webmasters in the next article.  Until then, thank you for you time and I hope you found something useful out of this blog.



Games under $20, EA, Origin


    Powered by Traffic Nova

    No comments:

    Post a Comment